A loud explosion shook the ground and terrified everyone nearby.
"We all of a sudden heard a big explosion, I thought it was an earthquake," Jennifer Paredes said.
Within seconds the entire home was engulfed in flames.
Jennifer Paredes lives next door and saw her neighbor's home fall apart right before her eyes.
"I looked out the window and saw big fire shooting up, thick black smoke," Peredes said.
Through all the chaos Paredes lost her Great Dane puppy named Bentley.
"When it exploded, it blew the door out and he got out," Paredes said.
but thanks to the SPCA, Bentley is back home.
Fire fighters say the empty canisters found on site that drew a red flag.
"Looking at the possiblity of meth lab, still under investigation," Jonathan Chew said.
The man living in the home was able to get out, but not without serious injuries.
"He was burned through his whole body. Blisters, and flesh was falling off," said one witness.