A large cloud of smoke in North Fresno could be seen from all over the city Tuesday morning, causing many CBS47 viewers to call the news room to find out the cause.
The smoke was coming from the area of Blackstone and El Paso, behind the building that houses the old Sports Authority, a Ross store and Bed Bath & Beyond.
Apparently a roofing company was working with hot tar and the equipment on the trailer malfunctioned, caused the tar to overheat and boil out onto the asphalt, which then ignited the truck and trailer.
The heavy smoke forced the Ross store to be evacuated but there were no injuries.
The damage is estimated to be around $50,000.